Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursdy at the Brick

It is time to catch you up on the how this blog started.

This story is all possible because of an extraordinary woman with dream and a vision.
We here know her as Penny.

Here is how it all started, 17 years ago I had recently moved to Texas and decided to play golf by myself one Sunday morning. After golf I had a desperate need for a hair cut. Not knowing the area I went to JC Penny's for a cut. They told me that a girl named Penny was going to cut my hair I laughed a little and the rest is history.

Penny did a great job and has cut my hair ever since. Through the last 17 years we have grown quit close, we have watched our kids grown, been there through each others ups and downs and even a couple of marriages.

Penny had a dream about 8 years ago to venture out and build her own salon. She shared her plan, and together we would look at spaces. She would find something she liked and I would go and look at the space, then budget construction. Finally she selected a space and I helped her with the construction.

Fast forward to January this year. I go like always and get my hair cut, some how we ended up at lunch this some how we ended up working out a deal for me to buy the Salon. Penny had done a great job but was just tired.

February first I take over and wow what a different business than anything I have ever done.
A couple weeks into the venture Penny tells me she is going to the doctor. She had a lump in her breast and it was hurting. That Friday she told she has breast cancer.

We will get into that a little later. So as you see in the beginning of this story 17 years ago god had a plan. We are here just to follow it out.

See you tomorrow.

P.S. Keep Jean in your prayers she is new to our family and in the hospital awaiting surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment